Ingersoll's Shooters Sports Photography Midgets Faceoff Against Paris and Waterford

Kevin Procter

By Kevin Procter

Ingersoll’s Shooters Sports Photography Midgets – October 17th and 23rd
By Kevin Procter

Ingersoll’s Shooters Sports Photography Midgets welcomed Paris’s team #1 to the Express ice. This home opener on October 17, 2016, would prove to be an exciting game for the fans of both teams. No longer are people coming to the rink seeing little boys and girls play hockey, rather, the teams are now made up of young men and women. The game began with great power and excitement as players from both teams climbed out of the trenches making their way onto the battle field.

The first period was fast and furious, end to end. Then, as Paris had a breakaway toward Shooters Sports Photography’s goalie, Bailey Parizeau, the player was tripped, leading to a penalty shot, and to Paris opening the scoring.

Paris would continue to dominate the score board, until the third period when Ingersoll’s Dimitri Carvalho received the puck from Brandon Eaton, then put the puck to bed, placing Shooters Sports Photography on the board.

The game would end with Paris on top, taking home a 4 to 1 victory.

Later in the week, Waterford was the place to be on Sunday October 23, as Ingersoll’s Shooters Sports Photography Midgets would travel to the Waterford pond where the home team (Wildcats #2) seemed to be dominating the ice, with a three nothing lead over Ingersoll's Shooters Sports Photography.

However, Shooters Sports Photography would keep the puck in the Waterford zone, where they finally put themselves on the board with an unassisted goal by Dimitri Carvalho.

In the second period, with a powerplay against Waterford, Ingersoll would finish the period within a one-goal reach of tieing the game as Nolan Costa assisted Abram Saunders with a goal to finish the period with a score of two goals against Waterford’s three.

The third period began with Waterford still sporting a player in the penalty box. Ingersoll would struggle through Waterford’s two-man disadvantage, but couldn’t seem to capitalize on that situation. Waterford would take another goal in the dying minutes of the game putting them ahead again with a two point lead.

Then, with only thirty-three seconds left on the clock, Kristopher Procter grabbed control of the puck, shooting from the blue line, directly on goal, with Aaron Lonsberry on the Waterford door step, awaiting the rebound and putting the puck where it belongs: behind the Waterford goalie, putting Shooters Sports Photography within reach of a tie. Ingersoll would play hard for the remaining half minute. However, Waterford would take the win with a final score of 4 to 3.

Reader's comments »

By adding a comment on the site, you accept our terms and conditions